Volunteer for a Better Environment

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The New Intern in Town

Hello! My name is Stephanie Menjivar, and I am from Encino, California. I go to college at Warren Wilson College as a Biomathematics major and I hope to go abroad and do wildlife conservation work in the future. My philosophy in life is to go with what you believe in, and then give as much as you can.

At Asheville GreenWorks I work as the Assistant Volunteer Coordinator as a part of the Bonner Internship Program, so I work with Eric Bradford when it comes to the preparation and the execution of events, so a lot of the people who volunteer will see me around a lot! I'm very excited working with everyone here, and despite how exhausting the work can be, I could not be more than happy to be working here. As Asheville approaches to become a greener city, there is still a lot that needs to be done, and Asheville GreenWorks actively keeps the city in that momentum, which motivated me to be a part of that action.

If anyone is interested in learning about my experience here at Asheville GreenWorks, please follow my blog at: http://environmentaladventures.tumblr.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment